Corporate Accounting Manager
We are seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager to join our accounting team.
This position is a key member of the corporate accounting team with responsibility for supervising and directing accounting staff as well as assisting in the preparation of various monthly/quarterly/annual transactions and reports. Important to this position also, is the ability to get along with others, work as a mentor, help motivate staff, be a team player and help nurture a positive, friendly work environment for all. Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the general ledger structure.
- Oversee the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger.
- Supervise, direct, and review the work of accounting staff members.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Collaborate with the other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Respond to inquiries from the Director of Finance, and other finance and firm wide managers regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Compile analysis/reports for various internal and external uses, such as month-end review, year-end audit, tax preparers and other upper management needs.
- Produce monthly financial statements and ad hoc financial reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Work independently (self-starter) and a good team player
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- MS Excel and MS Word proficiency required
- Working knowledge of Navision accounting software is preferred.
- Familiarity with the entertainment industry desired but not required.
- Must adhere to strict confidentiality policy and have a strong sense of integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree required (Accounting/Finance).
- Minimum 3-4 years accounting experience, preferably with 1 year in a manager capacity.
- Experience must demonstrate comprehension and application of GAAP.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click here.