“Mira Quién Baila” All-star Edition to Premiere on Univision on Sunday, January 6, 2019
DECEMBER 13, 2018 – Univision’s megahit dance competition “Mira Quién Baila” is returning to the network with “MQB All Stars” on January 6, 2019, at 8 p.m. ET/PT (7 p.m. CT). This special edition will feature former fan favorites and “it” celebrities, who will set fire to the dance floor and compete to win the grand prize for their charity of choice.
Chiquinquirá Delgado and Javier Poza will take the stage again to host this six-show season, which will headline Univision’s Sunday evening “family time” lineup. Mexican director of choreography Rodrigo Basurto, who worked on hits such as “America’s Got Talent,” “American Idol” and “La Banda,” will set the stage for the most intense MQB competition yet, while leading figures and influencers from sports, music, acting and social media put on their dance shoes.
Judges will include dancer/actor Beau “Casper” Smart, along with MQB 2017 winner Dayanara Torres and Mexican singer/actress Yuri.
The eight contestants, who will perform an assortment of dance styles as they compete for the cash prize destined for a non-profit cause, are:
- Chyno Miranda – Venezuelan urban/pop music artist, Univision fan favorite, who will soon be a dad
- Pedro Moreno – Cuban-American actor and model who returns to the stage after being the runner-up during MQB’s 4th season. Recently, Moreno participated in the second season of Reto 4 Elementos, where he had an outstanding performance.
- Denise Bidot – Former NBL judge, model, TV personality and a current-season favorite, who will vie for yet another starring role
- Clarissa Molina – Univision TV personality, model and “¡Qué León!” star, who is ready to strut her dancing skills
- Iván Calderón – Puerto Rican former professional boxer, who aims to show MQB audiences his best out-of-the-ring moves
- Sherlyn –Mexican singer/actress, who started as a child actor in novelas and has grown into a multitalented superstar
- El Dasa – Renowned regional Mexican music artist, NBL judge and former MQB contestant, who is back for a second chance
- Amara La Negra – Singer, writer and TV personality, who started on Univision’s beloved “Sábado Gigante”
Audiences can get in on the action by supporting their favorite dancers via the Univision Conecta app and social media. Week after week, A-list performers will make guest appearances and fire up the dance floor.
In addition, “Nuestra Belleza Latina” 2018 winner Migbelis Castellanos will make her professional TV debut as backstage host for the popular competition.
“We are beyond excited for this special edition of ‘MQB,’ which will bring families together, and will not just have them on the edge of their seats, but on their feet dancing along every Sunday night,” said Nelson Ruiz, Vice President and Senior Executive Producer of Entertainment for Univision.
“MQB All Stars” is a production of Endemol Shine Boomdog with Univision Studios in Miami, FL.
Previous MQB winners are actor Vadhir Derbez (2010), TV host Adamari López (2011), singer Henry Santos (2012), TV personality Johnny Lozada (2013), actress and model Dayanara Torres (2017) and singer and songwriter Greeicy (2018).
Fans can get the latest updates at MiraQuiénBaila.com and Facebook.com/MiraQuiénBaila and join the discussion on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #MiraQuienBaila.
Visit corporate.univision.com for more information on Univision, and follow @UnivisionPRTeam on Twitter and Instagram.
About Univision Communications Inc.
Univision is the leading media company serving Hispanic America. The company’s broadcast assets include Univision Network, one of the top television networks in the U.S. regardless of language and the most-watched Spanish-language broadcast network in the country; UniMás, a leading Spanish-language broadcast television network; and Univision Local Media, which owns and/or operates 64 television stations and 58 radio stations in major U.S. Hispanic markets and Puerto Rico. Univision Cable Networks consists of Univision Deportes Network (UDN), the most-watched Spanish-language sports cable network in the U.S.; Galavisión, the most-watched U.S. Spanish-language entertainment cable network; Univision tlnovelas, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to telenovelas; ForoTV, a 24-hour Spanish-language cable network dedicated to international news; and an additional suite of cable offerings – De Película, De Película Clásico, Bandamax, Ritmoson and Telehit. Univision’s cable portfolio also includes FUSION TV, an English-language news and lifestyle cable network; an investment in El Rey Network, a general entertainment English-language cable network. The company also owns and operates several premier digital destinations including Univision Now, a direct-to-consumer, on-demand and live streaming subscription service; Univision.com, the most-visited Spanish-language website among U.S. Hispanics; and Uforia, a digital music application featuring multimedia music content. The company’s assets also include the digital brands associated with the Gizmodo Media Group and The Onion. For more information, please visit corporate.univision.com.