Univision Announces the A-List Celebrities Who Will Transform into Music Idols in “Tu Cara Me Suena” (Your Face Sounds Familiar)
Chantal Andere, Gabriel Coronel, El Dasa, Sandra Echeverría, Francisca Lachapel, Melina León, Llane, and Pablo Montero are the Celebrity Contestants
The International Hit Music Competition Premieres on Sunday, October 4 at 8 p.m. ET on Univision
September 14, 2020 - Univision announced today the eight A-list celebrities, a mix of renowned actors, singers and TV personalities, who will transform into iconic music artists and take the “Tu Cara Me Suena” stage. They will showcase their powerful vocal skills during spectacular performances. The international hit music competition, part of Univision’s “Domingos en Familia” (Family Sundays) programming, premieres Sunday, October 4 at 8 p.m. on Univision.
The celebrity contestants who will delight the audience with their unique talent, voice and projection, transforming themselves into a music idol every week, are:
- Chantal Andere, renown singer and actress, TV and theater, with a remarkable career and recognized as one of the telenovelas top villains
- Gabriel Coronel, Venezuelan singer and TV and theater actor
- El Dasa, Regional Mexican singer and TV personality who participated as contestant in “Mira Quién Baila All Stars” 2019
- Sandra Echeverría, well-known Mexican actress and singer who had different acting roles including a double role in Univision’s recent hit “La Usurpadora”
- Francisca Lachapel, Dominican and winner of “Nuestra Belleza Latina” 2015 and current cohost of “Despierta América”
- Melina León, Puerto Rican TV personality and pop and merengue singer
- Llane, Colombian singer former member of Piso 21, who recently delighted the audience with his music during “Premios Juventud”
- Pablo Montero, popular Mexican singer and TV, film and theater actor
Each celebrity contestant will represent a charity that will be announced in the upcoming weeks.
The judges, awarded music composer and lead singer of the popular group Reik, Jesús ‘Chui’ Navarro; host, singer and actress Charytín; singer, composer and Latin GRAMMY® winner Kany García; and actress, singer, comedian, and TV and radio personality Angélica Vale, will have the tough job of guiding each contestant to deliver a unique impersonation of a music idol through their voices, choreography and staging.
Hosted by Ana Brenda Contreras and Rafael Araneda, along with Amara La Negra as backstage host, “Tu Cara Me Suena” will bring to “Domingos en Familia,” the best experience and enthusiasm of a unique music competition.
“Tu Cara Me Suena” is a co-production of Univision and Endemol Shine Boomdog.
Given the current circumstances imposed by COVID-19, Univision will follow strict guidelines and restrictions, in full compliance with local authorities and public health recommendations to bring this new show.
Viewers can join the conversation about the hit music competition on social media using the hashtag #TuCaraMeSuenaUS and by following Tu Cara Me Suena US on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.